Monday, March 2, 2009

Overcoming Fear as a celebration!?

Am I mad?

This year as I celebrate a significant birthday I decided to do something brave. Something that would symbolise a new beginning. A break-through.

My girlfriends & I had discussed going away together for a couple of nights to celebrate my special day and I suggested we do the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb.
Obviously I didn't thnk this through too much before the words escaped my mouth but I was glad ... because I really want to do it. Deep down. Somewhere.

Last night during a very wakeful night I suddenly thought "oh crap. What did I say that for?" I am really glad that I did though because, as it was my idea I know I can't go back on it now.

I know it will be an amazing experienced and I'll be sharing it with 4 of my most special girls.

I'm thinking that if I can walk through the butterfly enclosure at the Melbourne Zoo then I can climb a little bridge!! Yeah!

Check out the website. They have an awesome panoramic shot. You may be inspired.

2 comments:

Jules said...

There would not be a shot beautiful enough to inspire a height phobic(is that a word?) to climb that god damn bridge, but I am sure that you and your anti phobic friends will have lots of fun!!

Kym said...

chicken!