Thursday, March 26, 2009

The reality of Life and Death


photo by Nolmy
Today yet another wonderful lady has received the message that she has only months to live.
She is a wonderful Mother, Wife, Friend and Grandmother - and a beautiful person.
In the past few years her family has had way too much to deal with in their lives.
Unfair! Unfair! Unfair!

The doctor told her that if there is anything she hasn't done that she wants to then she should do it now.
She recalled an island getaway she has always wanted to experience.
He told her NO.
"You need to stay near a major hospital" he said.
Oh Crap!
More Unfair.
Very Sad.

When I put myself in this picture I think firstly that I should do what I want to now.
But then my vision clears and I see that there are obstacles.
In reality there are obstacles.
Money. Responsibilities. Money.

So instead I need to love the life I have.
Love it for what it is.
Love it for what I do have and not what I don't have.

No comments: