Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mermaids Childhood

I am proud of the childhood that we have chosen for our kids.
They have a wonderful life.
There are certainly things that they will miss out on because they live far from a major city but the pros far outweigh the cons.
This morning was an example of experiences here that they wouldn't experience in a larger town.

Quincey is representing his school in the Tennis Team today.
They are playing at Batemans bay (which is about 2.5 or 3 hours away).

The teacher picked up each child from home this morning (amazing effort).
The planned pick up time was 6:45 so up we got at 6am and at 6:45 he was waiting outside excitedly. I joined him and we watched the birds waking up and calling out their plans for the day. It is so pretty.

7am came and we started thinking "hmmmm? Have we got the wrong instructions?"
7:05 and I'm thinking that the teacher will be getting stressed by the delay...
7:10 ... "uh-oh"

Then at 7:15 a car came round the corner with teenage boys waving, smiling and hanging out calling his name! In the drivers seat was the teacher with a huge smile on his face! :)

They pulled in the drive, all laughing and smiling and calling out seating instuctions. They were all waving to me and the teacher was laughing & smiling with the rest of them.
They back out and as they drive away the music goes back up and I can hear them all singing as they drive away. It looked like a bachelor party!!!
Hysterical!
I don't think they'll care one bit if they lose every game today.

No comments: