Friday, June 5, 2009

1 Million Women ~on World Environment Day

I'm sure you would agree with me when I say;
Women are amazing,
Women are powerful,
Women are inspirational,
1 woman can do amazing, powerful & inspirational things.

So imagine what 1 Million Women can do!

I am not a good example of how we should help protect the world from climate change.
I try. But I have never really tried my hardest.
I have always thought that with everyone doing a wee bit and others (not me) doing a whole lot - we would beat climate change. Who was I kidding?

But imagine being surrounded and supported by 999'999 other women to make the change? That would sure help.

I have joined a campaign called 1 Million Women.
Here is a wee bit from their website which you'll find here.

We are 1 Million Women - daughters, mothers, sisters and grandmothers inspiring climate action. Our goal is to collectively cut 1 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2), the main greenhouse gas pollutant triggering climate change. Every woman who joins has a personal goal to cut 1 tonne of CO2 from their daily lives within a year of joining. You don't need to be an expert on climate change, we will guide you every step of the way.


It's very exciting! I hope to make my children & grand-children proud of our achievements.
Happy World Environment Day

found via Pia Jane Bijkerk

No comments: