Most afternoons in our house at some point the cartoons are on in the lounge room - nothing out of the ordinary on this day.
It may not be noticeable but the t.v in the background has a 'mute' signal on it.
That is where the 'out of the ordinary' begins...
In the foreground you may notice Lochie reading the last few pages of a (fairly sizable) 'Wimpy Kid' book.
That book is the FIRST book Lochie has EVER read for pleasure.
It is the FIRST book he has EVER completed.
He has had that book in his room for months - along with many others I have bought in the hopes that they will interest him enough for him to read them.
He has only ever read a page or two under sufferance when I have said he MUST read.
He asked me last week if I will buy him 'Wimpy Kid' book number two. I bought it the next day!
Lochie is participating in a trial of the Fast Forword educational computer training program at school.
If this is all we get out of it I will be thrilled. But something tells me there is more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment