Saturday, December 13, 2008

Some people require less sleep than others

I gave birth to one of those people 7 years ago.
I think that her position as last born may have something to do with it. As a newborn it was not unusual for me to spend an hour getting her to sleep - only to wake her as I carried her to the car to pick up her brother from school or sport.

When she was a toddler there was a period of time that she shared a room with her brother. This was very short lived as she would keep him awake at bedtime, wake him in the night & then wake him early in the morning.

She still wakes most nights and as much as we have tried to discourage it in the past, she creeps into bed beside me.

Most nights I don't notice till morning. Other nights she seems to be more comfortable if she is almost lying on top of me! How can she be comfortable herself?

Some mornings I wake cranky - UNTIL - I pry my eyes open & look beside me.

No comments: