Mostly on eBay or Etsy but also from smaller online stores.
I have only every had a couple of tiny hiccups on eBay but no more than if you buy from a shop and an item is not what you expect.
However, I have learnt a lesson that I will share.
If you buy from a store online make sure that there is some other contact other than an email.
Often the online stores are connected to a 'real' shop so you can see the address & phone number. That's great.
I purchased Loc a Geelong Football Club watch online. I was so excited by how blown away he would be that I PayPal paid my $69.95 without using my common sense.
In hindsight this shop looks wrong. There is no phone number or address. There isn't even a home page! Duh!! What was I thinking??
After getting no email responses to my questions (including "where is my watch?") I emailed the sites website designer who put me in contact with someone who he'd been referred by.
In the meantine I contacted the AFL to ask if he was a legitimate seller.
I don't know which of the above people got onto the snake but he then rang me blaming his email provider (but didn't need me to re-send the emails!) - yeah right - loser!
He said he would order the watch & then rang me back to say that his supplier was no longer able to sell AFL. He promised to refund my money the next day. That was on Monday. No refund as yet.
So smack-me-on-the-hand-and-call-me-stupid!
I'll be much more careful from now on.
BTW - I ended up getting Loc another watch. From the Geelong Cats themselves. It's not as nice but he loves it.

So all is good. It'll be even better if I get my money back too won't it.
No comments:
Post a Comment